Bathroom renovations can add a lot of value to your home and increase your profits if you decide to sell. For example, new bathroom vanities, such as lighted mirrors, can enhance the appearance of your bathroom in many ways and make them more attractive. Though the benefits may seem small at first, high-quality lighted mirrors can be surprisingly beneficial for your home and your life.
Therefore, you need to understand how lighted mirrors operate, their benefits, and the styles available on the market today. This information will help to prepare you for this purchase better and ensure that you don’t spend money on something that you don’t need. Just as importantly, it can help you find the best mirror for your needs and give you the help you need to improve your bathroom renovations.
How Lighted Mirrors Work
A growing number of bathrooms are utilizing lighted mirrors to provide a myriad of benefits to homeowners. For example, many bathroom vanities use lighted mirrors to offer extra lighting in a dark or isolated bathroom. Typically, lighted mirrors work in a variety of different ways. For example, some have lights on the top that provide a glow over a larger area.
However, some mirrors utilize lights along the bottom and the sides to create an even more immersive glove for your makeup application or personal preparation. Higher-quality mirrors also use backlit environments – which means the light is behind the mirror – to create a softer but still appropriate amount of light. These bathroom vanities come in many shapes and sizes, too, depending on your bathroom.
And, in many cases, they are more than worth the extra price you might have to pay for them. Understanding the benefits of the most basic lighted mirrors – as well as those of other more expensive styles – can help you know if they are right for your needs. Not everyone will need a lighted mirror, it is true, but those who do will significantly appreciate the benefits that they provide.
The Benefits of Lighted Mirrors
If you think that you would enjoy a lighted mirror in your bathroom, you need to understand a few of the benefits that they can provide to your home. These advantages are numerous and not only increase the value of your home but make it look better at the same time. These benefits make lighted mirrors more than worth it because they offer:
- Enhanced Lighting Experience – Trying to prepare yourself for the day in a dark bathroom can be a frustrating situation, but high-quality lighted mirrors can minimize this frustration and make the situation easier to handle.
- More Attractive Bathroom – Lighted mirrors also make your bathroom more attractive to guests and potential home buyers. As a result, they are excellent bathroom vanities to add to your home if you are interested in flipping it and saving yourself some good money soon.
- Enhanced Operation – Some lighted mirrors utilize a myriad of enhanced features to boost their appearances, such as colored lighting, timed lighting, and much more. Others may have frames around the mirror that make it even more attractive.
- Simple Value Boost – Small changes to your home or bathroom can often produce surprising value increases in your home. For example, an investment in a lighted mirror could add hundreds or even a thousand dollars of value to your home.
The many decorative options provided by these attractive bathroom vanities make them an excellent choice for a large number of homes. These benefits exist for all lighted mirrors, though some have even more enhanced design options. These include backlit mirrors and a multitude of other elements that provide your home with the unique lighting situation that it needs. Backlit mirrors are particularly nice because they use lights behind the mirror to create a subtle, but useful, glow that can light your bathroom in subtle ways.
LED Mirrors Can Save You Cash
While backlit lights are very beneficial, LED mirrors are probably the most helpful type on the market today. These provide you with a myriad of design choices that look great and which offer you even more benefits, such as:
- Real Energy Savings – High-quality LED bathroom lights can lower your energy bill and provide a usage time of about 50,000 hours – that’s almost 10 years of being turned on, which means they should last for much longer in real-time.
- Anti-Fog Benefits – High-quality LED lighted mirrors to utilize an anti-fog system to keep your mirror from getting fogged up when you take a shower. This benefit makes it easier for you to use your mirror once you get out and avoids annoying – and staining – swipes of your hand.
- Healthier Light – People are often exposed to high levels of blue light when interacting with their computers or cell phones. Thankfully, LED lights can provide a quality of light very similar to natural light and one that can avoid health complications.
- Handsome Decoration – High-quality LED lights look cool and provide a variety of style options for your bathroom. Even better, you can utilize different color bulbs to create an attractive and stylish look for your bathroom that you can’t get in any other way.
- Durable Design – LED lights are surprisingly durable when compared to other lights like them on the market. As a result, they can withstand many types of wear-and-tear damage and will look great for years to come. They are certainly more durable than average light bulbs.
While many other types of lighted mirrors exist on the market, LED varieties provide one of the highest-quality and most beneficial experiences you can find. So don’t hesitate to talk to a home renovation expert about these lights to learn more and to choose a mirror that goes the best with your home and its unique design needs. Remember: not every home will look great with LED lights.
Professional Help is a Smart Investment
As you can see, lighted mirrors are worth the price if you want to improve the appearance of your home in a simple way. Therefore, installing high-quality bathroom vanities is a wise decision for just about any homeowner.